UP CLOSE WITH MARIB MAQSOOD

Friday, June 14, 2013




Marib Maqsood is a 19 year old girl who recently sat for A-levels. Along with her studies, she is a beauty blogger and a certified make-up artist from the University of Arts, London. Also, she recently started blogging for the famous Pakistani online shopping website Just4Girls.pk's blog. Here Marib answers a questionnaire that will help you know a bit more about her. Enjoy!

 Q1) Tell us about yourself and where you live.
Well, I'm a make-up artist and I blog about most of my experiences through Marib's Blog. I also just sat for my A levels. I was born and raised in Lahore, Pakistan. The city is full of life and I have my own little world to keep me occupied. It's brilliant!

 Q2) Why did you start blogging? Were you using some other interface before Blogger to connect to people out there?
I started blogging because I was inspired by other bloggers and since I am constantly learning I thought it'd be a shame to keep all beauty knowledge to myself. I strongly believe that sharing knowledge helps us grow. Blogger was the first place I used to interact with fellow fanatics.

 Q3) Talking about beauty, what's your current obsession?
I recently rediscovered my MAC lipstick collection and have been occupied with those lately. To be precise, Fanfare and Crosswires are my ultimate picks for the summer season.

 Q4) Have you ever experienced any epic beauty fail? How horrible was it?
I wouldn't really consider them a "fail" but looking at old photo's of myself from my fifteenth or sixteenth birthdays, I do tend to cringe but that is mainly due to change in trends. No beauty fails, as such!

Photograph taken by Marib for a product review
 Q5) What one thing have you learned in make-up school which can't be self-taught?
As far as the technique goes, that you can self teach but it's the experience of being surrounded by people that share the same passion as you in a learning environment that really shapes an individual.
Q6) What's the first thing you notice about a person's appearance?
Don't judge me, clothes.

 Q7) What's your favorite make-up brand and why?
High-end is MAC due to the variety and affordability aspect (high-end wise). Drugstore is L'Oreal because I find their formulas most effective.

 Q8) Name one product that is on top of your wishlist from a long time.
YSL Touche Eclat. Two years and still counting.

 Q9) Please tell us how to manage school and blogging simultaneously without missing out on both? (I suck at it!)
I have to be honest and tell you that I'm not good at it either but always remember to put your books first as blogging is just a hobby. Plan and prepare blog posts on weekends and publish them during busy weekdays. Choose quality over quantity when it comes to blogging.

Marib with the famous Pakistani model, Mehreen Syed 
 Q10) Apart from beauty you also do outfit posts. What's in trend this summer?
Peplums here to stay, maxi dresses, stripes, statement jewelry with a neon color pop are some of my favorite trends this season, along with harem and pallazo pants that are comfy yet chic!

 Q11) Suggest three places for shopping in Lahore.
Mall of Lahore for western, Fashion Pakistan Lounge for traditional outfits and Charles & Keith for footwear. These are some of the places where I tend to shop regularly.

 Q12) You've been in collaboration with Luscious cosmetics lately, how was the experience?
Yes, Luscious Cosmetics sponsored Lahore's first ever beauty blogger meet up, it was a delightful experience for all ladies present. We were given a sneak preview of some of the unreleased products, bloggers interacted with their representative and devoured a scrumptious meal whilst learning more about the cruelty free brand. That too, first ever in Pakistan.
Marib's look for Just4Girls' blog

 Q13) Name one blogger you look up to as a great friend.
I believe Ayesha and I have developed quite a bond in a short period of time. She's the closest to my age out of all bloggers I've met and we just click. I don't think it's a difficult to see why.

Q14) Please give tips to a successful blog for the new bloggers out there.
Be original, have neat intentions, utilize and put forward your creative abilities. Good photography and content are important, a professional camera and brains of a scientist are not not. Recall the true aim of blogging, be resourceful and helpful.

 Q15) Your blog has achieved so much in such a short period of time. What are your future goals?
I think my future goals regarding my career are obvious, coming to my blog; I'd definitely like to see it grow more.

Thank you so much Marib. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire interviewing process. You're one of the most sweetest bloggers I have ever came to know of. It is a pleasure reading your tweets and your blog. xx

Photo Courtesy: maribmaqsood.blogspot.com
                          Just4girlspk.blogspot.com




You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe