Review: Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo With Nutri-Silk and Liquid Keratin

Thursday, March 13, 2014


Over the course of my life, I have hardly ever adhered to one shampoo. So obviously my mane experience has been a long hard one. Very hard. It can take an entire day for me to type out the brands that I've tried and I'll probably be missing lots so I better skip to the shampoo we'll be talking about today. It's the Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo with Liquid Nutri-Silk and Liquid Keratin For Dull and Brittle Hair. It will be a long long, very thoroughly written review. So buckle up ladies!

My previous favorites were two drugstore one's, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo and honestly it was divine! It smelled literally like some tropical forest and left my hair soft and feeling nice and clean. The other one was by Suave and I really can't remember the name but I do remember it was from their professionals line. Now when I say that my previous favorites were drugstore one's doesn't mean I haven't branched out from them. I have tried from drugstore to high-end. Although I personally like to spend minimally on shampoos, I got the opportunity to try the expensive one's because my relatives live in the United States and they bring me all the good stuff every so often. I tried John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo and while I was expecting myself to be blown away I was not for many reasons. URGH! I shouldn't waste your time on these let's just dive into this one:


NOTE: I was writing this post at 3:37 AM to be exact and I honestly can't remember what the product claims.

It probably says that it will make my hair shinier and feel nice and soft because of the keratin and liquid silk which I OBVIOUSLY didn't believe(duh!) but was definitely expecting. First wash! Moment Of Truth. I poured maybe an over-filled tablespoon(just so that you get the idea of the amount I use) of beautifully shimmery pink gooey goodness in my palm for my medium length hair which are just of average thickness and have a normal-dry texture. I lathered it up and I was disappointed. It did not lather up to my liking. I had to use double than usual because I like to have my head looking like a giant scoop of whipped cream. I LIKE THAT MUCH LATHER! Anyway, I followed with my usual hair routine which I will tell you in a separate post and towel dried my hair as usual but I was not expecting that.  My hair is straight from the roots to mid-length and then turns wavy along the length so usually the ends feel a little dry or brittle may be due to my waves or the texture. But this time the hair along the roots felt incredibly silky and my ends were so soft and bouncy. I was so happy to see the results that I decided I will buy the whole treatment(if available) next month so be ready for a review!

\ I hope that you all enjoyed the review as much as I did! If you liked the review please comment down below because your comments really make my day. I check my e-mail a gazillion times in a day hoping that someone might have commented on this lonely(LOL) blog. Oh and if you like this blog please don't forget to follow. XO, Seemal.

P.S, if you want me to post my hair routine do tell me, even if you don't I will post that eventually, haha!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It sounds like an amazing product! I hope it smells nice ^_^ less lather is actually a good thing if you want soft hair, just a lil tip from le me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip le you, my mom says the same but i just love having a mop of foamy goodness up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shampoos that lather i feel they clean my hair better just to satisfy myself. I love herbal essence hello hydration it kept my hair soft and lathers i would to see your regime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second you! The feeling of a heavy lather is so satisfying.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your review. It will make my purchase easier :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe