Review: Medora Matte Lipsitick in Electric Pink

Tuesday, June 24, 2014


Pardon me for not posting since, I don't know when. I was busy and had a lot of reasons to neglect this blog(I thought of slowly abandoning my blog actually) but I am finally making a comeback. It's surprising how the camera is the least used app in my phone and I have no idea why. Maybe I am too caught up in other apps.
In this post I will be bringing you all the first ever lipstick review on my blog. You heard it right, I am reviewing a lipstick.

This one caught my eye right away among the rest of the sea of lipsticks. I haven't used Medora Lipsticks much. I was however always stunned by the reviews though. People love these! I bought the matte one. When it comes to lipsticks, satin and gloss are not my cup of tea nor is 'Electric Pink'. The reason why I bought this was to use the slightest dabs of it on my lips to add a little life to them and it totally does the job. Secondly, who on earth can not buy such a gorgeous lipstick? I know I would never where it as it is in public but hey, at least I can wear it and take a better looking selfie.


Now coming to the actual review. The color is such a fantastic pink which I can't decide is blue based or not. It looks really orange-y in sunlight but in the average indoor lighting it looks bluish. I can't decide. The photos above are taken in sunlight.The lipstick says it's matte, I agree it is matte but it definitely isn't as incredibly matte as I would prefer it to be. I just have a thing for super matte lipsticks when it comes to bold colors. My lips should not catch light at any cost when I am wearing a bold lipstick. That's just me. It won't bother many people. Apart from that, the lipstick is just great in every aspect. Once you put it on, it does not budge for a good few hours. I didn't eat with the lipstick on but it would wear out a bit, I am sure of that. See the thing with a super matte lipstick is that once you put it on, you might feel like your lips have never been near any kind of moisture but the color just doesn't lighten the slightest bit even if you literally sleep on it! This is just not THAT kind of matte. But I love it! It's such a gorgeous color, doesn't bleed or anything and stays put. It is my favorite lipstick for this summer. Go grab one, for PKR 200/$2 it's a crazy good bargain. Seriously.
 Here are the swatches:

See it shines slightly in sunlight. That's what I can't stand. But again in is totally worth buying. I hope you enjoyed the review! P.S. I would like to mention that I would be MIA again since I am extremely busy. Sorry, these summer holidays won't be dedicated to blogging. However, I will try my best to keep up with the blogging world.

Have a great day ladies!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It's really pretty and have fun...:)

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It's such a fun color to play with.

      Delete
  2. I love medora lipsticks! And this shade is really gorgeous! Btw, just found your blog, love the layout xx

    allthingsgirlish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful shade.
    Following u now.
    sahar blogs

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe