5 Beauty Essenentials You Should Keep In Your Purse

Saturday, March 29, 2014




Before diving into any details I would like to notify you all that I am talking about 'beauty' essentials (things that you might need in case of a meltdown) before you start showering me with comments like "Oh how can you forget safety pins, hand sanitizer, mints...." and all. Let's just stick to the meltdown part for now, we'll look at clothing malfunction in some other post please.

Above are are a few of my absolute favorites that I like to keep in my purse especially for a night out. You know you're all fancy, you spend hours to fix your makeup and hairstyle and emergencies are the uninvited guests that can ring your bell any moment. Well this is my list for gearing up for these beauty emergencies.
A compact powder with a mirror big enough. How much should I stress this? I, the girl with possibly the driest skin(as described earlier as the skin of a chameleon from the Sahara desert) can face meltdowns from all the heat of lights and people(Gosh! The sweaty aunties.) and compacts are so convenient to have on hand. Sweaty faces can lead to horrible photographs and that is obviously a NO NO.

This might not be something you would like to include in the list of top five beauty essentials you would keep in your purse but trust me this thing can come in  handy. Being in school or college means surprises. Out of the blue your teacher pops up and calls you all for a group portrait, will you go with a dead face? Nah! Mascara gives me confidence, seriously! It adds life to your face within seconds. I don't know about you but for me this thing is so important to keep in my purse.


Obviously, lipstick is something almost everyone keeps in their purse if I am not wrong. But still I am here to tell you, right? Please do keep a lipstick in your purse and throughout a day of non-stop eating and drinking, touch-ups on your pouts are much called for. Although this lipstick looks horrendous on camera, it looks a lot better in person. It was such a nice bargain.


A travel size perfume. While there are products like Travalo(which I unfortunately don't own) which is an excellent product for making a travel-friendly version of your favorite perfume, I couldn't find it and therefore I get this little The Body Shop one refilled with my current favorite fragrance from a trusty shop. A perfume or body spray is so important to have in your purse to steer clear of any embarrassing moments.


You never want the hard work you put in your elegantly coaxed bun to go down the drain. I believe you can't have enough bobby pins in your purse. A couple bobby pins and hair elastics are something I always like to keep in my purse, I could pass a comb or even a mirror but not a bobby pin.

Now that you are all geared up for a beauty emergency, it's safe to head out. Bye!

PRODUCTS FEATURED:
Helena Rubinstein Compact Powder
Clinique Mascra
Christine Lipstick
The Body Shop Perfume
Victoria's Secret Clutch


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I lovee your bag! So bedazzled! :D And where bobby pins go will always remain one of life's biggest secrets! One can never have too many! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and lovely picks.....I love the lippy.....xoxoxo......^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purse is just too pretty! :) I agree, if you've got nothing else at hand, a mascara alone can always be a lifesaver (or face-saver)! :D x

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really put on makeup but mascara is a must!

      Delete
  4. lovely post :0 Thats y I love my Travalo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the The Body Shop perfume thing still available at their outlets? I f so, your view on the scent?
    Such a pretty purse! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. *speechless* Dude, you make me look like a sucky writer. Haha, keep it love. Love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I am writing about beauty and you're calling me a dude! Haha thanks. I think it's the other way round! You're one Shakespeare of a writer!!

      Delete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe