REVIEW: Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfecter in Light (Outrageous)

Saturday, March 15, 2014


Hi! It's Seemal again! So I'm late, like very very late. Terribly late. But yet it's never too late right? YOLT(you only live twice)! So today I'll be reviewing Garnier BB Cream. Can you believe it? It launched in Summer 2013 and I'm reviewing it now. Yeah we had a long trek to undertake to come to the point where I am ready to review this piece of crap! Outrageous, are we? Get ready for some serious aggressive review-ing.


 Where to start? Let's give you a two word summary of this whole review. I hate to love it. There are so many reasons to hate this thing. Many of you out there might might might like it. Keep in mind I'm talking about the one for normal skin.



To start with I'll just give you a preview of what my skin is like. My skin is dry. You know when I say it, I mean it! It's coming from the very depths of my heart that my skin is truly utterly completely dry like the skin of a chameleon living in the Sahara desert. My skin is dry all year round and it is very rare that my skin doesn't soak a product up in seconds. It's always thirsty. ALWAYS. But aha! This thing was given the entrance denied warning and just didn't have the abilities to soak in there. It felt like I was wearing a film of grease on my poor dry skin. I was shining like a diamond in a very bad way. If you want it to look nice and blended, you have to take a very small amount and that means no coverage. It's not incredibly pigmented either. I picked up the shade 'light', which I think is the only shade and guess what that shade which is apparently light is actually dark for my fair to wheatish complexion. The other thing that bugged me was the pink undertones it has which obviously isn't the best friend of us Asians a.k.a yellow/brown people. It makes me look not only ashy but on top of that I look like I have a mud mask on. But I am stubborn beyond thinking. I didn't give up my efforts to make it work out for me. Although the high points of my face were so shiny that they were reflecting light I painstakingly applied my CoverGirl Translucent Power in a highly substantial amount to make my skin look matte. Oiliest BB cream + tons of powder = Imperfections highlighted to a whole new level. Cherry on top; it irritates my skin when applied individually!




BUT!
There's a bright side of every picture. I use this thing almost DAILY. Yep, you heard that and I know are very surprised to read that after you just witnessed the most outrageous review written in the history of beauty blogging. Introducing the super-hero of every subcontinental house hold, Fair & Lovely! A pea sized amount of this and a tiny little drop of the BB cream mix it, forming the shade that matches your skin and viola! This BB cream in not going to the  garbage truck. I don't use either the BB Cream or Fair & Lovely individually because one is too oily and the other is too dry. Together they leave my skin looking perfectly matte and smooth. They are now a beauty staple of mine and I wouldn't mind buying this BB cream again because it worked out in a flabbergastingly amazing way at the end. This BB Cream just made me believe that happy endings to terrible stories are possible when there's someone to hold your back. It's so amazing how something absolutely horrible made my day because it gave me such a nice lesson.

P.S. Never stop making an effort, things do work out eventually!

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please comment down below if you liked the post and don't forget to share it. Love you all!

XO, the one and only. Kidding!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. haha love this review! ive had soo many products that i disliked but slowly found ways to make it work! in reply to your comments on my blog, i use a dreary old point and shoot by kodak for all my blog pictures. before that i used a sony cyber shot but ive lost that unfortunately. for the luscious post, i borrowed my friends super fancy dslr since i wanted the pictures to be super crisp haha. but others than that, my point and shoot along with good old daylight works the best for my blog photos :) hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolzzzzzz....Nice review....I also do the same if I find something is not working....you are intelligent.....xoxoxoxo....:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god , love your way of writing <3 glad to know you make sure things work for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing means the world to me. Your appreciation just made my day! Thank you :')

      Delete
  4. GARNIER did a fine job making this BB :) nice review :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe