Easy Homemade Blueberry Jam

Tuesday, August 05, 2014


Sometimes ditching Nutella or peanut butter is highly necessary. Although I am under-weight but my appetite is that of a monster and I have a horribly unhealthy diet. I love everything sweet, I just can't deny that! I don't eat fruits at all but when I tried blueberries, I just couldn't resist the urge to make a super easy, 3-ingredient blueberry jam.
The sugar content isn't very low in this jam but at least is hasn't got artificial flavoring or creepy food color. It's easy and quick. And delightful too!

INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of fresh/frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of regular sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup of water
METHOD:
In a small saucepan, add blueberries and sugar and cook over gentle heat. Keep stirring to prevent the sugar from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook until the blueberries start getting a little soft. Using a spatula, mash up the blueberries slightly now add 1/2 a cup of water and cook until a nice gel like consistency is achieved. Add  more water if required. Try not to thicken the jam much or else it will become firm when refrigerated. Incase a layer of water comes over the surface upon refrigeration, stir the jam with a spoon and you're good to go.

Now grab a toast, smear on some homemade blueberry jam and enjoy.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. homemade blueberry jam? can we be best friends plis? :D haha defo trying it, thanks for sharing x
    www.meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry jam spread on pancakes <3 this made me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the idea of making this came from blueberry pancakes!

      Delete
  3. We don't really get blueberries here in Karachi. Such a sad life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can buy them but they would definitely cost a lot!

      Delete
    2. You can find blueberries,raspberries and blackberries at aghas,farids and hyperstar. But they cost arount 800 per box.

      Delete
    3. That's pretty expensive for a fruit. I think they are like half the price here!

      Delete
    4. I got myself a pack from Hyperstar for 1000 bucks. My mother was definitely not pleased with me. Such a treat though.

      Delete
  4. Oh that looks yum. Will it work with any other fruit like strawberries maybe? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it will work. Strawberries are tougher so letting them simmer for a while would probably end up in a great jam!

      Delete
  5. You've got me hungry! O.O :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great n healthy recipe will try it for sure.
    sahar blogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG THAT LOOKS DELICIOUS! Drooling nowww!!

    Would you mind checking out my links and possibly following?

    http://www.fatimasalim.com
    http://www.youtube.com/fatimasalimk
    http://www.facebook.com/Fatimasalimk

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe