On Not Being A Directioner

Thursday, May 01, 2014


Today I am going to be talking about something that is nowhere near beauty. I actually wanted to make a clarification that I want to cover all aspects of my life/your life on this blog. I don't want to confine myself to a certain niche. 

It's obviously no secret that One Direction has become a world-wide sensation within the last few years. When I was first introduced to One Direction, there was a very scarce amount of people who knew the band in my country and the amount of Directioners was even more scarcer. I became a fan right after I was introduced to them. I loved the fresh voices, their songs seemed new and different but then...
One Direction spread like a disease here. There were Directioners every where. It was a little sickening that wherever I would go all I would hear was One Direction. I watched them on shows and saw girls fainting for them, seriously? All of a sudden, I became disgusted. Every time I heard, "OH MY GOD! That new video of "The Story Of My Life" is so cute." I wanted to barf. It's not that they are not talented, I listen to a few of their songs once in a (long)while but the idea of 'worshiping' or to be a little less harsh, 'obsessing' over five average human beings is not my cup of tea and for that I receive a lot of hatred. Even from the people I love the most (Yes. I am talking about the two of you, Cairo and The Chubby Cheeked Girl!) show resentment, LOL!

" It's hard living as a non-Directioner in this world. The world is always chasing after you, giving you terribly weird looks as if looking down upon you just because you don't "stalk" 1D. You can seldom find asylum when you are living in a sea of Directioners. No matter how much you try, you just can't avoid those five faces. You just can't. "
(This is only for entertainment purposes. My life isn't that sorrowful haha!)

Lastly. I would like to say I respect all the Directioners and their love towards the boy-band. It's just that I don't like to go after things too mainstream. I like listening to their songs. Usually I act all cool when asked about 1D, I flaunt how sophisticated my taste in music is and what a huge fan of The Beatles I am, when the truth is not even close to that. My taste in music is absolutely ridiculous, I listen to the music a 99 year old lady would prefer.

I hope you all enjoyed my (almost)endless thoughts.


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Totally agree to it! Trust me, I do! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them but i dont call myself a directioner since its kindoff weird to talk about someone who doesnt even know you exist however their way of making a girl feel beautiful through a song is what i appreciate . I dont hate them but i dont obssess over them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, myself, am not a One Direction fan at all. I am glad those boys are enjoying their success but I don't find them to be all that talented. :/ I just think its another fad. I mean since you like The Beatles how could you like 1D? I mean The Beatles are amazing!

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you got me a tad bit wrong. One Direction is nowhere near the Beatles. The Beatles are legendary and cannot be compared to 1D by any means. What I am saying is that when I am asked about 1D I tell them that 1D is for kids haha and flaunt how much I love the Beatles when the truth is that I don't love both of them. I just like them :)

      Delete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe