A Day Out In New York City

Wednesday, December 03, 2014



For someone who has always been confined to quiet places, seeing the world's most busy yet so strangely exciting cities was an experience of a lifetime. I don't like crowds in general, they feel intimidating to me. But the crowd in New York City is a whole new story. It's that one place in the world where no one will judge you for who you are. You'll see people in Prada and at the same time there will people right there walking in their pyjamas. That's the kind of freedom we all yearn for, don't we?
I feel like I am turning into a philosopher. I guess I read too many good books in a row. Speaking of which, if you are into spirituality do read The Forty Rules of Love, I am very late to the party but I am happy to have finally read it. Getting back to New York City. I am so sad that I couldn't capture much of the street style. Our first trip, yes I went there twice, consisted of nothing but walking on the streets of 5th Avenue and just taking in the whole scene. The second time we went to Madame Tussaud's and boy, was it fun! I told my best friend that I met Justin Timberlake and she completely bought it, I took screenshots of the entire conversation and it was absolutely hilarious. Hil-a-ri-ous.

My apologies I can't show you the pictures from my second trip because they are personal but I have got a bunch from the first trip. Here, treat your eyeballs. 

(P.S. All the photographs are taken by me, which means you can't use them unless you ask for my permission. I can't even show my skills off because the city looks so good from every angle.)






I can't promise you all, but there might be a Part 2 for this post. I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment down below.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Woah I'm officially jealous. I LOVE everything about NYC. I think i just watched this movie called 'begin again'. It truly captured the essence of the city.
    btw, love the photos, would love to see more!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa girl you are a photographer! Love, love your shots. I so want to visit New York one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Trust me the city is too good to look bad at any angle.

      Delete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe