HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH: ESSENCE BLACKEST BLACK MASCARA

Saturday, August 17, 2013



In all honesty, I am an extremely spoiled gal when it comes to mascaras. I hardly ever buy mascaras of my own. Instead I use my mother's and she always uses high-end mascaras; Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Victoria's Secret etc. Considering my personal hygiene and my ever-growing love for make-up I decided I will buy a mascara of my own.

The first thing I kept in mind; start small. So that if I am not happy with the mascara, I won't be banging my
head against a wall and mourning for the hole in pocket. I hopped on the internet and since essence was the first drugstore brand that popped in my mind, I started my review reading spree. And I was convinced by the 'blackest black' written in bold. [ I didn't make a thorough research about this mascara since it was three in the morning and I was fed up of reading reviews by now]

First of all. Don't get lured by the blackest black written in bold. It is black like an other mascara in my opinion. The core reason why I bought it was it's ability to curl and lengthen. It has a very ordinary wand. Nothing special. It's not small nor its big, plain ol' mascara brush. I comb my lashes through, wiggling the wand at roots just to ensure I have some volume there. It dries really quickly so applying a second coat can be a nuisance as the dried mascara clumps up when a second coat is applied. It's not very heavy either.

It claims to volumize, lengthen and curl your lashes right? It does. In many of the review I have read, people complain that it doesn't volumize. I disagree to some extent. It does volumize but not to the extent of va-voom volume. I love curling my lashes! I don't need an eyelash curler with this thing! It gives a really nice curl and it's lengthen you lashes! What else can I ask for $4? It surely doesn't beat my favorite Clinique mascara but it does a good job and I am pretty happy with my investment.

Hope you enjoyed! Happy blogging.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. nice review and clicks. I personally love stuff by essence! Their products are reasonably priced and good quality. Love their girly packging too :) xx
    http://mahamsrandom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I love essense as well but their nail lacquers disappointed me. xx

      Delete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe