DIY STUDDED CUFFS

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I have been DIY-ing a lot lately. I love that the things I create have a touch of me in them. I went to Khaadi the other day and was drooling over a black top that had studded cuffs. My mother is not a fan of black at all, and unfortunately there were no other colors so my mom decided we could get the top tailor-made and I can add studs my self. I absolutely loved the idea! So here's what you've to do.                
SUPPLIES:
Flat glue-on studs
Sewing pins
Iron
An extra piece of cloth


One important thing that will make this DIY a bliss is to ask your tailor sew your sleeves only half way so you can easily arrange and glue on the studs.
1. Iron the cuff, pulling at the end a bit and pin them to your craft table.
2. Arrange your studs. Mine were 6*18 which in total were 108 studs on one cuff. They shouldn't be aligned perfectly but try to go along the lines of perfection as much as possible.

























3. Iron the extra piece of cloth and place it over the arranged studs. Now iron the studs. DO NOT MOVE THE IRON. This is very important just place the iron over the studs don't sway it here and there otherwise you studs won't stay in place and you wont be able to get them aligned perfectly. Lay pressure on the studs with the iron gluing them in place. Don't forget the corners. Pay extra attention to them. Now flip the cuff over and iron the back. The unfortunate thing is they won't be permanently glued on in the first go. I think I had to repeat this process like 5-6 times and still I had a few coming off. Please pay extra attention to the ones in the outermost lines.

























Now ask your tailor(or sew it yourself) to sew the cuffs and you're good to go! These look really nice and I know I'll be doing absolutely crazy with these studs in the future.

xx Seemal!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow yar they are looking so cute , I will surely try it :P but if it didn't worked you better get ready.... >:D

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe