Me VS. the Universe

Friday, January 17, 2014

The picture portrays me that very little bird, in a huge world.


Hey everyone! Long time, I know. Oh and a much belated new year to all of you. This is a slightly different, odd and maybe a boring-for-some-people post. You ask why? Because I am going to talk about what we usually call life, or my life to be precise. Excuse my oh so candid style of speech. I apologize in advance if you find anything inappropriate.

DISCLAIMER: I LOVE MY TEACHERS (although the one I'd be talking about here isn't a my teacher) AND I GIVE IMMENSE RESPECT TO THEM AND THEY ARE REALLY THE ONES WHO HELPED ME SURVIVE.

Last month was a bit difficult for me to handle as I was having the ever so daunting Mid Year Exams (maniacal laugh?) and I was not prepared at freaking all. They already like to scare the crap out of me and this time they decided to squeeze the only bit of self-confidence I had in me when they slapped a freaking B grade in many subjects on my face.

KEY: They means one person here, just so that you know.

ONE HORRIBLE INCIDENT (LUCKY ME! IT HAPPENED TWICE):
 Now we have this new teacher in our school. Inexperienced (very) but decent looking, and I thought they must be pretty kindhearted and might have a soft spot for children because they looked like someone who just graduated or something. They teach economics(I don't study economics), the most driest thing to study about in my opinion, although I did think it was interesting until some horrible teachers stepped in the picture, it just gave me this somewhat prejudiced feeling that economics must be pretty boring because the teachers looked so bored with life.

Skipping my endless ramble, let's jump into the part that actually had a lasting impact on me. It was my Chemistry exam, and if you are familiar to the O-level system, you must know that we have two papers. Paper 1 which has forty MCQ's is of 1 hour. I hate Chemistry. I need time to solve all those things in my head. So they announce that we have a couple minutes left but usually the teacher gives us a little margin for paper one and deducts the time taken from Paper 2. I started panicking and I swear I just took a single extra minute. 60 seconds that is, NO BIG DEAL! I ask them to hand me paper two and they are like ,"I can't." and they continue texting someone, unaffected by the panic attack I was having at the moment and when it comes to academics, I cry. It took every single cell in my body to hold the tears back. Paper 2 is like the godfather of any exam and I would've obviously failed if I don't attempt it, after much 'begging' they take my exams and it felt like my heart was beating in my throat. I blush on every possible thing, I was red! Not the end of the story though that happened once again when they refused to take my Geography exam! I actually cried this time because I just kind of(not really) threw it on the table beside them out of frustration. That little act took a lot of confidence though because in that very moment I felt like I was facing Mojo Jojo. Sorry, but seriously you managed to butcher me, dear teacher.

I hope you enjoyed or agreed with this little piece of my life. I will like to continue this to establish a healthier, stronger cyber relationship with teenagers like me.

 P.S. Please excuse the incoherent sentences I tend to do that when I am emotional(angry).  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe