Up Close With: Ayesha of Ayesha's Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014


Let's get #fangirling! So I took an interview last year and although my questions were terribly boring and over-done(Thanks to the gorgeous Marib for taking it to a whole new level), I was really looking up to taking another one. This time I'm interviewing the stunning Ayesha. A talented beauty blogger and jewellery designer residing in the busy city of Lahore.
                                                                                                                                                                



Q1- Introduce yourself in 50 words or less.
A little bit quirky, a little bit insane. I live in my own little world where I seldom let anybody in because I find my isolation peaceful. I'm the girl you'll find wearing her grandmothers outfit and not caring how outdated it may look as long as it's comfortable to me. I'll also be skipping the concert of the year just to stay at home and have my mother's home cooked meal!

Q2- I really don't want to ask this question because everyone gives almost the same answer but still, why and when did you take the plunge to create a blog of your own?
My obsession with make-up needed an outlet so I decided I'd give blogging a shot in 2012. I love that I am able to share my finds and favorites with so many who find it all just as exciting as I do.

Q3- How many siblings have you got?
I have a gorgeous younger sister and two lovely younger brothers who are the bestttt! They sure do spoil me even though I'm the eldest and it should probably be the other way round and my youngest sibling, my baby brother takes all my outfit of the day photos! Love them to bits!

Q4- The last thing you ate? (No I'm not kidding.)
Just had the Coffee Planet Cadbury cupcake. If you haven't you need to! It's divine and a must try even for non Cadbury lovers like myself!

Q5- What's your favorite book and song?
That's a tough one! Currently I'm reading The Forty Rules Of Love by Elif Shafak and loving it! As for music, I cannot say I have one, single favorite since I like a little bit of everything!

Q6- Things you can't leave your house without?
Most people would say phone but for me it's lipstick! ;)

Q7- What is the first thing you notice about a person?
Their hands! (Unfortunately, I won't have a nice impression on Ayesha. My hands look dreadful!)

Q8- What's your favorite past time?
I love to paint and also photograph things, I can just paint my heart away and photograph places and people for hours and be the happiest girl!

Q9- For me getting inspiration for blogging is really a must. Where do you get inspiration for blogging?
Inspiration comes from the most unimaginable places. For me it can be just a happy color, a beautiful day or a kind smile that warms up my heart, uplifts my mood and triggers my brain to work and blog!

Q10- What are the perks of being a jewellery designer?
The fact that I get free jewels! Hahaha!

Q11- Which product is on top of your beauty wishlist nowadays?
Uh oh! Wrong question girl! Let's not even go there because there's no return! Currently drooling over Anastasia Beverly Hills products and the new NYX 2014 products!

Q12- What was the most discouraging comment you ever got on your blog?
I don't let anything negative effect me and thankfully I haven't really received anything discouraging but I do urge people to be more gracious with their words. You might even get a chance to take it all back, if at all, but you will never be able to change the way you've made someone feel.

Q13- Who are your favorite YouTubers?
Essie button! I also love Stephbusta, my first YouTube love, she is a gorgeous person and does crazy amazing make-up. Emily Noel is also amazing and I admire the effort she puts into her beauty channels!

Q14- How do you see yourself in the next five years?
Who knows! I haven't planned anything really, career wise I hope to work for sure, the rest is up to Allah, His plan is surely the best plan!

Q15- Your favorite clothing stores; local and on-line?
I don't shop much at all for ready made clothing actually! I love customizing my outfits from my local darzi (tailor) but I also enjoy the occasional hassle free, off the rack buy from places like Khaadi and recently Beech Tree and Origins. As for on-line clothing sites I have only tried Forever21 so far and they're pretty good for the price!

Q16- What are the best things that come with blogging?
The love from so many around the world! It is exhilarating and I feel so blessed to be appreciated by so many beautiful people!

Q17- What are the key points that you believe are very important for running a successful blog?
Just be yourself. That itself will bring something new to the audience and keep your content original. Never plagiarise, not only is it an act of disgrace to your own self, you end up hurting the person who put their heart and soul into the original work. It does you more damage than the other people. Hard work is the only way to get to anything and you can never be successful in the long run taking short-cuts anyway in ANY field of life.

Q18- Managing studies/job and a blog simultaneously can be very exhausting. What are your top tips for a more productive and organized life?
Keep yourself focused on positivity! A positive outlook on life is key to happiness and the happier you are, the more motivated you will be to be more productive and work harder towards even more accomplishments in life!

Q19- According to you which trends will/should be the toppers in the fashion and beauty world this summer?
Bright matte tangerine and fuchsia pouts with clean dewy skin. I'm no fashionista, but I'm hoping there's lots of crazy, funky prints in fashion for the summers!

Q20- What question would you like me to ask from the next blogger I interview?
Hahah, hmm. Their beauty pet peeve! It's overdone yes, but it's interesting to know what an individual finds annoying about people's beauty habits. For me it has to be when girls pump their mascara wands into the tube continuously! OMG! It gets on my nerves like no other! Many don't realise how that is the fastest way to make your mascara dry up and waste your money. Always stir the wand gently inside the tube to scrape product off the tube walls and onto your wand!


This is something along the lines of a rapid-fire(despite the fact that I have no idea if you took hours to answer it), I really wanted to make this interview nice and fun, you know jumping in things aside from the bloggy business. Here we go!

1-Peanut butter or jello?
I love peanut butter but it breaks me out like anything!

2-High heels or sneakers?
High heels all the way!

3-British YouTubers or American YouTubers?
(CAUTION: If you don't choose the one I want, get ready to get haunted in your dreams! Kidding. Hint: The one's I like have a yummy accent.)
I loveeee Essiebutton like I mentioned before! If you've seen her vlogs you get a bit of both worlds with Estée's Canadian accent and Aslan's gorgeous British accent!

4- Pop or good ol' Mozart?
A little bit of everything!

5- Photography or jewellery designing?
I couldn't pick just one! There's already so much more I want to do!

6- YSL or Chanel?
Chanellllll!

7- A night in Paris or a cup of tea with Athar Shehzad?
A night in sweet Paris.

8- Skinny jeans or pyjamas?
Skinnies!

9- Wet 'n' Wild or Revlon?
Oh no! Dilemma of my life! Probably Revlon but it would be so hard to give up the Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks!

10- Blogging as a hobby or blogging as a career?
Hobby turned into career would be nice!
                                                                                                                                                                
I hope you all enjoyed the interview. Again, I am an interviewer in the making, so kindly bear with me. YouTubers are well, a sensitive topic for me and when she said Essiebutton, I pumped my fists and did that drum roll in my head, literally. I LOVE British YouTubers. Their accent is literally a treat to my ears. There were so many moments when I was proof-reading this interview(you've no idea I made the most terrible spelling mistakes), I was like "That's totally me!", haha! 

Lastly I would like to thank Ayesha for this great opportunity. It's just so uplifting to see a community so strong. Thank you so much!

Check out Ayesha's blog!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oh wow it was such a cool and interesting interview...had soo much fun reading the Q and As and getting to know ayesha...well done seemal!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting interview....I really enjoyed reading all the answers......xoxoxo.....^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, Ayesha is one of the most gorgeous bloggers I have talked to!

      Delete
  3. Interesting! Its good to know more about her.
    Great work Seemal, you did what you promised for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for having me! :) It was a pleasure and so much fun to answer all the questions! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, your blog is so informative, wanna work with you on my website, please contact me, my website is nokripk.com

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an interesting article! Ayesha is no doubt one of the most talented bloggers in Pakistan, I just love the photography she does for her blog.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe