Review: Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ah! Long time people, long time. I have been so busy lately plus I didn't have access to a PC. Apologies for abandoning this space for such a long time. The previous month was a month to be marked in history (LOL?). I spent a ton of money! Okay, I know the amount of money I spent might be a pinch for some people but for a person like me it was huge. And, some of it was spent on beauty products. I was running out of mascara and since I was giving everything a fresh start, I had to buy a fresh mascara. Lame I know, bear with me.
Now that I have rambled on about why I bought a new mascara, it's time we talk about the real deal. It was a humid day, I went into a departmental store and saw the ladies running around. A retail frenzy, I wondered. I made my way towards the ever so beautiful Essence counter. The counter shone with the beauty of make-up, and then my eyes caught the sight of a distinctive pink tube and I was lured into it's beauty. LOL. No, the packaging is totally out of my league actually. I am the granny of my family. I like all things sleek and metallic. The reason I bought this particular mascara was that, a blogger that I greatly admire loves it. That is Ayesha from Ayesha's Blog, of course. 

It took a single swipe for me to fall head over heels for this thing, literally. It does every single thing it claims to do. It does give you that crazy and extreme volume. Actually I feel like it slightly lengthens my lashes too, I'll repeat, slightly. Yes, the humongous wand can be a nuisance at times but it isn't enough to put me off. Cheap and cheerful. It separates my lashes and one dip in that tube can give you that crazy volume for both your eyes. However, you have to be careful because there are very high chances of making a mess, since the wands is so huge. It is highly build-able. You have to keep a very light hand if you want an average everyday look with this mascara. 

The first few minutes of testing out this mascara came with a very pleasant surprise, but there is a single flaw that often annoys me. It takes a century to dry! It is a mascara on the wet side, but it just takes too long. Other than that, it is beyond great for the price. It is not waterproof, and it comes off very easily with face wash. I tried taking it off with a cleansing make-up remover but the struggle just ended in a red, throbbing eye. 

I hope you enjoyed the review. I hope that there will be a lot more to come, but I assure you, you will be disappointed because I am the ultimate queen of sloth and procrastination. Good day, ya'll! I sound Indie, woohoo!

P.S., I am aware of the fact that there are a lot of typing errors in my posts that often seem like grammatical errors. I don't have a poor grammar, it is something that I can promise you. The problem is that I type very fast and I eat words while typing and even if I proofread, a blunder here and there escapes my attention. I am working on it, wish me luck!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This mascara seems interesting. I'm gonna try it. I like your photography :)
    javeriashabbir.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, i LOVE your blog SO much. Seriously. Its amazing.

    Im a new beauty blogger, your support would mean a lot by liking my facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/paintingitpink1

    Thanks,
    Rida
    http://paintingitpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, I am overwhelmed with joy. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Omg , i tend to skips words when i type if i am excited xD and my bestfriend goes like what even are you saying xD anyways havent tried this but do try maybelline great lash mascara its pretty good for daily wear. I would write a review but i dont blog anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? I have like a bajillion(not a number, I know I know!) reasons not to blog but I am still doing it. Get yourself a tumblr or something and don't take blogging as a job. Stay anonymous and use your tumblr blog as a journal! It's fun and not stressful like a "blog" blog.

      Delete
    2. Its so sweet of you to motivate me to do but i am tressing over cies. I'll start blogging after o'levels tho. But you're doing a great job, since you're pretty young compared to other bloggers :)

      Delete
    3. I feel for you, I totally do! CIE's were my biggest nightmare and I feel so so happy that I have escaped them. Studies are definitely important than blogging and if the burden gets too much for me I might even quit too!

      Delete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe