MAKE YOUR OWN BOW NECKLACE

Friday, July 20, 2012


Who doesn't like bows and there are in trend these days so why not wear them as much as we can. I was surfing through Etsy (one of my inspiration spots) the other day and guess what, I saw a bow necklace for $11.95. It was very pretty, the bow was handmade with a nice vintage patterned cloth and the chain was a rustic antique chain. I knew that I could make it under $1, well apparently it costed me absolutely nothing. I grabbed a couple neon colored fabrics and an old chain from a necklace.


Supplies needed: A cloth of the size you prefer your bow to be, a pair of scissors, and sewing machine/needle and thread.


1. First off, get a cloth and cut it 1/4 bigger the size you want your bow to be. For me the ideal size of a necklace is 2" by 3". If you are making this size then you want 2.5" by 6.5" of cloth.


2. Fold the cloth in half to make the bow pillow we need.


3. Sow down the parallel sides either with a sewing machine or a needle. Leave a small opening to pull the chain through.

4-5. Turn the cloth inside out. Now Tuck in the part that you haven't sown yet.


6. Now sow down the tucked part with a needle. Don't sew the opening that we made.



7. Fold the pillow in half. So you'll get two flaps. Fold each flap in half. Hold the bow from the centre and wrap around a piece of cloth approximately an inch wide and secure it with needle and thread. The stitches should be somewhere underneath the bow, so when you wear the bow no one can see the stitches. Don't sew all the way through the centre, otherwise your chain wont pass through.

8. Cut off any excess threads that might be there for a neater look. I do keep it a little bit messy because I kind of like it.


9. Take your chain and put a bobby pin in one of the ends so it's easy to pull through the bow.

10. Take your bow and pull the chain through and voila, you are ready to rock your new bow necklace.

Thanks a lot for reading and I hope it inspires you to make something new and budget friendly. These little tactics can really save you money. xo- seemal.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe