HOWTO: RECYCLED NOTEBOOK

Sunday, June 09, 2013


When it comes to notebooks I can be very picky! Yet I do have a ton of notebooks. I love how they have cute and distinctive patterns but I find after hoarding in thousands of bookshops. The idea of DIY recycled notebooks was very interesting for me. As the possibilities are endless, I can make a pattern of my own choice. (Yay!)

SUPPLIES:
Cereal box/cardboard
Scissors
Thread and needle
Button
Glue
Marker
Paper

METHOD:
1. Cut out the cereal box in order to obtain a piece of rectangular cardboard. Fold it in half with the blank side facing outwards.
2. Now rounden the edges with the scissor for a more finished look.
3. Now sew the botton to one side of the cover leaver 20" of thread (to wrap around the notebook).
4. Cut the sheets of paper in a slightly smaller size than the cardboard.
5. Sew the sheets with the cardboard.
6. Now using using a marker draw any desired pattern on your cardboard cover. I personally like the thread show through. It gives a somewhat shabby feel (I'm weird. No, you don't have to tell me). But, if you want to conceal it glue on some decorative paper no the spine of your notebook.
7. Wrap the 20" thread around the notebook to help it stay put.
8. Enjoy notebook-ing.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe