BACK TO SCHOOL: BRAIDED PONYTAIL

Saturday, September 07, 2013


Back to school season has just rolled around and though I should have posted it before school actually started I came out a bit late but I know many girls out there are still looking for hairstyles. It's as easy as 123! All in all its a "for dummies" tutorial. You'll get compliments, I can feel it. Lets dive in!

STEPS:
1. Using a flat iron or curling tongs, slightly curl the ends of your hair for a tousled messy look. This step is however, optional. You can go for a sleek ponytail as well. (Side note: Since I am extremely honest with you, I am just faking it ok. I have naturally wavy at the ends and I suck at curling hair with a flat iron.)

2. Now section off strands from the back of your ears and clip the rest so that they don't come in your way.

3. Braid the two sections and fasten the ends with transparent elastic bands.

4. Tip your head over then flip it back, this will give your hair that extra oomph in no time! Now tie your hair leaving the braids on the sides. Wrap one of the braids around the ponytail and clip it under with a bobby pin. Cross the second braids over the first one, pinning it under Make sure you pin them well and you're done!

Ain't that easy? You can wear it even on formal events too. It's and extremely versatile hairstyle. The smaller the braids, more intricate it will look. Go try! More will be coming your way very soon.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This so cool I am going to try this!

    I am a fellow blogger from PBBC following you. Hope you follow back as well :)

    Cheers!
    Red Alice
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe