5 USES OF VASELINE // HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH

Saturday, September 28, 2013

You all must be wondering that why a product that was the star of your grandma's vanity is rocking my world these days. I mean seriously my monthly highlight is Vaseline? It does sound stupid. What the point of talking about petroleum jelly anyway? Well you're gonna be very satisfied later when I state the cause of my appreciation for something invented in 1872(Thanks wiki!) . Yope, no kidding here. I am truly, madly, deeply, foolishly completely in love with it. Read on people!
1. Makes your skin softer. So if you're like me, you're probably sick of your rough dry skin. Now it's not that I am suggesting your to dive in this gooey goodness cuz of course it's a serious pain to rinse off. What you can do is, you can dilute it by using half Vaseline and half body lotion(my favorite). apply it amywhere you want before going to sleep. However, a shower next morning is mandatory. BONUS! It's a great alternative to cuticle oil.

2. Make your scent last longer! Probably weren't expecting this one, right? You heart it right Vaseline or any petroleum jelly for that matter can make any scent last longer. Just rub in some the gooey goodness in your pressure points and spray on and any scent. It's bound to make you smell great all day!

3. Lightens your lips. Has someone ever asked that you smoke cigarettes because of your awfully dark lips. That happens due to excessive use of makeup and licking. Worry not, I have got the perfect solution for you. Put some Vaseline on your lips before bed or wear it as a lip gloss and let it work its magic. It works.
4. Give you thicker, longer (silky-er?) lashes. This is the chief reason for my love of Vaseline. A couple years back a lash gel was all the rage in the beauty blogosphere. I won't say it's particularly expensive but it insn't cheaper than Vaseline. Grab your spare mascara wands, dig it in the tub of this magical jelly, coat your lashes and go to sleep(of course). IT WORKS! It actually works. The key is patience. People swear by this technique and it is a part of their beauty regime. I myself tried it, however not long because I just can get over my laziness. Whenever I used it, I woke to lashes that were silky as ever. My sister used it for a longer period of time and se saw a difference in her lashes too, they were longer, thicker and healthier.
5. It cures cracked feet! Apply it on your faint, wear your favourite pair of socks(striped are my thing) and go to sleep once again. Repeat the process for a while and hopefully you'll have crack free feet! Bear with my very awkward looking feet. Not a very flattering angle I know.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. nominated you for a blog award! :)
    nominated you http://thefashionpersonal.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award-yep-thats-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brunette head, I just nominated you for the Liebster awards, ^_^
    Here's the link to it:
    http://imanailart.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award-and-marble-nail-art.html
    I just followed your blog and I'd really appreciate if you do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. Would follow yours too! Oh and about that award... I have got like a TON of nominations! Will look into it :)

      Delete
  3. Great post.. well I haven't tried for lashes.. may be any day!! keep posting my girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tips! i love to use vaseline on my eyelashes. i like the idea of mixing the Vaseline with lotion, i'll definitely try that!
    I just started blogging as well and i would really appreciate if you can visit back and join me there :)
    http://eileensbeautydiary.blogspot.com/
    I am also hosting a giveaway. Join it if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for stopping by! Will check your blog :)

      Delete
  5. Haha Vaseline, a life saviour truly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! These are just five uses, there's a huge list.

      Delete
  6. Hey! Which editing software do you use for your photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PicMonkey.com is pretty decent other than that I use apps in my mobile.

      Delete
  7. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog here: http://thebeautyfinds.blogspot.com/2013/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    Please check and post on your blog <3 All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so many people people have nominated. I'll try to do it as soon as possible.

      Delete

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe