Highlight of the month: Dark Kiss Body Cream by Bath & Body Works

Thursday, February 20, 2014

 I don't know if I have mentioned it earlier or not that I am horrible at describing scents or that's what I think but I will try my best to do justice with this one. I have always been a fan of subtle, sweet and floral scents but definitely not something that will make me smell like a bowl of sugar, NO!

I bought this one in probably a rush, I was under the spell of the packaging. I took two rounds of the aisle not sure if it was something I would prefer to wear on a daily basis. I used to be an avid fan of the "Black amethyst" scent by bath and body works but it eventually began to irritate the crap out of me. It is no where near light or subtle or floral scents, yet again the packaging had fooled me. I really wanted a good, rather heavy daily moisturiser that would keep my skin hydrated all day and something that doesn't smell like some medicine AND BABAM! I found the one. It smells sweet and has the fruity florally kick to it. To me it smells like a berry smoothie; berries topped with sweet whipped cream and blended in a dreamy creamy texture. I don't like the scent as much as I like the texture. I have been using it for quite a while and for someone like me who has very very dry skin, this is definitely a dream come true! It's thick and creamy and take a couple minutes(no, not seconds) to sink in. For merely testing purposes, I applied it on one arm and left the other arm product-free and even after a hours of application I could feel a considerable difference, my skin in all honesty felt like silk. This is definitely a winner in my books, the only thing I wish was a more travel friendly packaging so I could smother it on to my ever-so-dead skin anytime.

You can definitely see the difference in the texture of my skin in these pictures and except for adding a filter called seashell I did not alter A THING. This might not be something I would use in summers since it is a bit on the heavier side but for winters its perfect even for people with the driest skin. For summers we trust the Vaseline Daily Moisturiser.

 Hope you like this post! XO, Seemal.



You Might Also Like

5 comments

INSTAGRAM @THEBRUNETTEHEAD

Subscribe